Friday, September 3

Geekbeers?

I'm interested in building and participating in the community aspects of software development, particularly Agile, XP, OO, Java, .Net and other geeky things.

I find some good beer really helps the conversation along.

My first experience with this kind of community was the Extreme Tuesday Club (XTC) in London, where some of the best developers in the world seem to hang out. Inspired by this I started a Brisbane XTC, but sadly moved to Sydney before gaining much momentum. I am now involved with the Sydney XP Activities Club.

If you want to learn new things, this is a very enjoyable way to do it. Hanging out with smart people over a beer is very different to reading a book alone.

I'd like to invite you to give it a try, have a look at the Agile Alliance site for your local group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home